The Fishing Pontoons comprises of glassfibre reinforced concrete decking inserted into galvanised steel frames floating on glassfibre reinforced concrete encased polystyrene floats. It has gained a reputation for being very stable. It not only looks good, but is built to last with an environmentally low maintenance surface providing excellent non-slip properties.
We have designed and developed our pontoon walkway units over the last 15 years using our in-house design team and our vast expertise. Our system is designed to comply with BYHA Code of Practice, BS6349, BS8110 & BS5400 with regards to dimensions, durability and loading.
Our system is extremely durable; the fishing pontoons are manufactured to the highest standards of construction.
- The frame is manufactured from steel and hot-dip galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461
- The floatation units are polystyrene encased in glassfibre reinforced concrete
- The decking planks are made from Glassfibre Reinforced Concrete (GRC) – This provides a very strong decking which can be manufactured in a salmon pink colour and in a range of colours to suit the clients requirements. The GRC decking provides non-slip properties.
Alternative decking options are available in:
- Hardwood Timber Decking – This decking is Greenheart or Yellow Balau, which is very durable.
- Plastic/ Timber Composite Decking – This decking is available in a range of colours, we have previously used dark mahogany and terracotta.
Both hardwood timber and composite decking give excellent non-slip properties and are visually appealing. The freeboard of the fishing pontoon ranges from 300mm-500mm or the specific requirements of the client. We can design the fishing pontoon for wheelchair access and install a guard rail round the perimeter of the pontoon.